Friday, April 11, 2008

Daddy's Pulse

This is my first time posting on this blog. I had hoped to analyze our "high" bids to determine which will offer the opportunity to resurrect my Winesmith blog. Johannesburg would certainly facilitate wine blogging, but it might be harder if we go to Chennai, which has restrictions on wine and beer.

But tonight, less than 20 hours before learning our first assignment, I'm too distracted and anxious to research the rest of our high bids for wine blogging potential.

Instead, I'll say that I'm very excited about what the future holds. Tomorrow, Flag Day, will be the first of many moments in our Foreign Service experience that will have a significant impact on our future. It's very unnerving for us, tough, because we have very little influence on the outcome.

Okay...the anxiety and fatigue have settled in. It's time to get some rest and prepare for tomorrow. I'll be in touch.

2 comments:

Lani said...

My name is Lani, and I am considering taking the Foreign Service Exam in Feb. I came upon your blog, and went all the way to the first entry, and have been reading it in chronological order...I am not sure where you got posted, but I want you to know that I am really nervous right now...Now, on to the next entry!

Natalie Buda Smith said...

Hi Lani, Happy to read that you are enjoying the blog. Let me know if you do take the exam and how it goes!